• From a seated position, bring the soles of your feet together, close to your pelvis, allowing your knees to fall out to the sides.
• Ground your sitting bones and lengthen your spine.
• Hold onto the outsides of your feet and press the soles of your feet towards each other.
• If your body allows it, fold forward from the hips, keeping your spine long and your collar bones spread.
• Stay for 5 to 10 breaths.
• To come out of the pose, sit up straight again, lift your knees and straighten your legs.
Beginners tips • Sit up on a cushion or a folded blanket to encourage your pelvis to tilt forward.
• Increases hip mobility and stretches the inner thighs.
• Grounding and calming.
Watch out for...
• Focus on keeping your spine long and your chest open, rather than on bringing the knees to the floor.
• Keep breathing towards the stretched area.
• Butterfly Pose is the Yin Yoga version of Bound Angle. In Butterfly the heels are much further away from the body so that the legs make a diamond shape. Allow the back to round as you softly fold into the pose. You can stay here for 1 - 5 minutes.